Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blog Friends are the BEST


I received an email from a dear sweet blogger Rachel. Her blog is called http://somewhere in the middle/ she loves her family and her home and gardens are beautiful. Her email asked could she send me some things to help me decorate my living room. I was so shocked and happy when I received her package. It was loaded with one goodie after another. I have been blessed to receive so many things from bloggers. The best gift of all is each and every friend I have met from blogging. Rachel thanks so much and I will post pictures soon. I loved each and every gift. Make sure you pop over and check out her blog and her mom and sisters blog also.

Have you ever seen a house and you just wish you could go and look through the windows. I live around house that were mostly built in the late 60's or early 70's. Every now and then they will clear out a wooded lot and up goes a beautiful brand new home. Well, in the middle someone has built a most gorgeous house. It's a red salt box house with blue shutters and white trim. I can tell by the curtains it has to be prim. I'm dieing to just knock on the door and say can I adore your house from the inside awhile. The funny thing is when I show my friends this house I love and my daughter I get the same face and comments " It looks like a barn!" This is when I miss Ray the most because even if he thought that he would have said something I wanted to hear. He got me and that's what made our love so special. We really knew one another like best friends. I have a lot of friends well, I did I have pushed so many people away this past year. I just need time to heal my way. I don't have any friends like you in blog land. I was telling a friend about painting a shelf and she was so not interested. I have no one who appreciates my love for old things. Everyone is so busy trying to have the new and the best and they don't take the time to appreciate what's around them.

As I approach the anniversary of Ray's death I have been feeling really down and depressed. I feel like I'm living this awful dream all over again. My heart breaks and aches for the life I used to have. I hope to get through the next week without too many tears. Thanks again for everyone out there who leaves me such great messages. They have helped me get through some of my worse days!

Donna






5 comments:

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

awww Donna, I m glad to see my sister sent ya some good loot! And we are thinking about you and praying for you in the coming days ! Hang in there sweetie! Hugs lil raggedy angie

Rachel said...

Hey sweetie! I'll be praying for you & your girls even more this next week. I think about you guys often.
I'm really glad you liked the stuff I sent you :). I wish I lived nearby ~ I would so go look at the awesome house down the road with you!!

Karen said...

What nice things you received in the mail! I love everything :) It's going to look so nice in your livingroom.

Blog friends are special, that's for sure. I don't have any friends like those in blogland either. Wouldn't it be nice if we all lived around each other? :)

I am praying for you Donna, and I hope you have a nice weekend. Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, Donna, I'm so glad you have been blessed with your girls.. I know that Ray would want you to live your life doing the things that the two of you loved to do.. Do those things in *remembrance* of him..

I, too, wish that so many of you gals who blog lived in one community.. I don't have my own blog but I sure do love to follow what you all are doing.. You're a great group of women and bring a lot to my life each day..

You have a lot of loving and giving friends in *blogland* and we all want you to be happy, healthy and have a very good time *teaking*, decorating, planning ahead, looking at beautiful homes, getting ideas from others (like I do) and just doing what you like to do best..

Thinking about you, I am, your friend in Va. Charlotte

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

So glad you got goodies from your blogging friend! That's so sweet!

And I do understand what you're talking about, when you say Ray got it and shared your excitement. That has to be hard. I know we're not the same as having your husband, but we get it and we get excited with you! And I would definitely go with you and knock on that door!

Praying for you,
Hugs,
Tammy