Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hello Everyone

 I doesn't seem like it's been over a month since I last posted. I went through a few rough days there with the year anniversary of Ray's death. Then we had an earthquake
which I have to admit was a little scary. Then a few days later we were hit by Irene. She left a lasting impression. No power for eight days and two trees down. The neighbor's tree split and it fell on our house with just few inches from Jessica's car. I can happily say we made it through both unharmed and survived without a television. The girls and I actually sat down and played games together. It wasn't too awful bad until you had to take a shower. Nothing fun about a cold shower. Trying to sleep with the humming of generators was not very pleasant either. When the power came back on the games and flashlights were put away. Kind of sad in a way. It was like when I was kid before cable. Funny what we can really live without when we don't have it.

As I mentioned we had to deal with Ray being gone a year. I took a few days off to just sit home and cry if I wanted. I can not tell you or explain just how much I miss him. I am so lonely without him. We did everything together from going grocery shopping to going to craft shows. Ray liked a lot of the same things I liked. Now when it came to sports that was his thing. Mine was scrap booking.  So we had our time apart doing what we enjoyed but my time with him was my favorite. I think back to how we talked about all we could do once Eleni was out of school. We were considering moving back in the city to be closer to my job. We were going to take a trip last fall just the two of us. There were so many things we didn't get to do. I don't think ahead like that anymore I just go from day to day.

Last weekend Jessica gave her friend a baby shower with my help. Someone had to organize and prepare everything. It was very nice. I made her a tricycle out of diapers it turned out pretty cute. I was impressed. Hearing her talk about the baby made me kind of sad. I can remember being pregnant with Jessica and being so excited and scared at the same time. I just could not wait to see what kind of parents we would be and who our baby would look like. I was flooded with memories of Ray before he ever got sick. Then I realized Ray will not be here when the girls have children. He always wanted a son and we had joked a few times about trying again. We knew it just wasn't meant to be. We had hoped to one day have a grandson.

I have noticed I have a few new followers. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. It hasn't been a lot about decorating but hopefully one day I will get some pictures of my living room and office before I move. We are now on a month to month lease. I am looking for something cheaper but I am trying to stay in the same school district so Eleni doesn't have to change schools. This means slim pickings. I just want something smaller and cute. I always see little houses and just fall in love with them. Something with a cute little porch to decorate as the seasons change. I just want something I won't have to struggle with month to month to make it. My dad is helping me out until I move or Eleni graduates. It's still tight. I am constantly robbing Peter to pay Paul. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there. I don't things are getting better I worry we still have the worst to come. Well, I have talked enough. Thanks again to all who visit me new and old followers. Always remember blog friends are the best.

Donna

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It's good to hear from you again. So glad you made it through the storm. I can't believe you had the earthquake & Irene! So happy to hear you guys were safe. Take care hon!

Carmen S. said...

((hugs)) I know it was a rough time with the anniversary. I'm glad you all weathered the storm and sometimes we need a break from modern conveniences but I do agree on the hot shower part,I love my indoor plumbing:)Hang in there friend, you will find something more affordable eventually!

Susannah said...

Nice to read your blog and hear that you seem a little more "chipper" than you have in the past. Keep looking for that special place that you would love. You never know. I hope it works.

Susannah

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I was telling Jason how Irene hit ya'll. I'm just glad everyone was okay. I know taking a cold shower is definitely no fun. And you're right though....it's amazing how you can quickly adjust to no modern technologies (as in TV). Sometimes it just brings everyone together more so.

I know the year anniversary just brought everything back. You may not realize it but you sound better. That's a good thing. :)

Having a cute smaller house with a porch will be something to look forward to!

Hang in there Donna. Still praying for you and the girls!

Love ya,
Tammy

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Donna...good to see you back.

All these milestones are so rough on you and your children but I also hope that the memories you made with Ray will help you from here on.

I love that you turned a bad situation into something memorable for your girls - how fun to be a family like was meant to be...RELATING TO EACH OTHER FACE TO FACE...glad you are all okay.

Karen