Sunday, December 4, 2011

Anniversaries

As many of you know from my previous post that November 2nd would have been 25 years since Ray and I started dating. This past Friday the 2nd would have been our 23rd wedding anniversary. This was always my favorite time of year. Ray and I always spent time alone and did a little Christmas shopping for the girls. In the earlier years we would get a over night sitter but later in years we would go to Williamsburg for the weekend. I have so many wonderful memories of anniversaries past. I can't but help to feel really alone this time of year now.

I put our tree and decorations up a couple of weekends ago. It's just not the same for me. I loved to have my tree on and I could sit by it for hours just looking at it. This year I don't even cut it on. Jessica and Eleni turn it on by it's almost invisible to me this year. My heart is just not the same. I am trying to get past this but this year seems a little harder. I used to love Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I did do both this year for my girls. If it weren't for them I could probably sleep through all of this.

On a good note I have so enjoyed all of the pictures of every ones house decorated. I love all the prim ornaments and decor. My poor tree doesn't have a topper. I just can not find one I really like. They are too gaudy and just not prim enough. I still have time maybe I will run across something I like. At work we are having a contest for best decorated cubical. I decided to participate just for the heck of it. I'm doing a winter wonderland. We can not use lights because of fire issues. So I bought a lot of blue and silver garland and tons of snow flakes. You can get so much for so little at the dollar tree. I'll let you know how it turns out. I even bought a couple of blue frames. I'm going to put up a few older Christmas pictures of my girls and Ray and I.

I guess i better close for now. Thanks again for stopping by and always a big THANKS for your wonderful comments!

Donna

6 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time Donna,I SO wish there was something I could do to help but I know I can't other than be here to send you ((((HUGS)))) Some day perhaps you will be a Grammy like me and your Christmas will be so much fun again:) I hope you show us pics of your cubicle, it sounds so pretty!

Lois Christensen said...

The decorating at work sounds like fun! I hope your weekend has been filled with happy memories of your husband. Enjoy your day! Maybe a little shopping is called for so you can find the tree topper!

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

♥ I surely can't know how much you hurt and miss Ray, Donna. I can only imagine how hard it is, and how lonely, especially with the holidays coming...but I truly believe that he's watching over you and your girls and he would want nothing more than for you to find a little joy, and happiness this Christmas...from the way you describe your love for him and his for you...I can't imagine he would want anything else♥♥
((hugs))

Anonymous said...

You must pray for the gift of hope. The pain will still be there for years, but you must persevere. (fortitude) Eventually the pain will subside, and your sorrow will turn into cherishing the memories.

This life is like a drop in the ocean in comparison to eternity. You will see your husband, Ray, in eternity, and all your tears will be wiped away.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Donna,

I'm glad to hear that you participated in the cubicle decorating contest at work. That's really good! Have they picked a winner yet? I like your idea and I agree that you can find so many deals at Dollar Tree!

I love what Andrea said in her comment here. It's so true. I pray that you will hold onto hope. Also is there a place you could volunteer, someone you could visit, etc...? It's amazing how helping someone else in that way has a way of healing. I pray for healing of your heart and that you find joy!

I bet your tree is beautiful! What kind of tree topper are you looking for? Maybe I can look out for one (wouldn't be there in time for this year....but next year...)

Merry Christmas to you, Donna, Jessica and Eleni! I pray this year brings all those things I spoke of above and that you have a Blessed New Year!

Love, Tammy

Lois Christensen said...

I love the gift your girls gave you!!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!