Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hello Again

Well, I'm sad to say not a lot going on here. I am still looking for a job and we are still working on Ray's disability. He went to the Dr Monday and informed them he was going to try to get back on disability. One Dr's comment was you are too young. Well, last time I checked he was way too young to have all the health issues he has. I'm not sure what age has to do with any of this but Ray definetly does not have the body of a normal 40 year old. He has upcoming appointments to see the cardiologist and an upcoming test to have his leg checked. The leg they took the vein out for the bypass has been cramping and achey lately so they are going to make sure he doesn't have any blood clots in it. See what I mean it's always something. I just hope we get a break somewhere soon. I am thankful we have my Mother to stay with but as I said before there's no place like home.

Today I put in an application at the Children's Hospital here in Richmond. When I was a baby I had a birth mark that would grow as I did. It was the size of a dime and quickly became the size of a quarter. I spent 13 years in and out of Children's Hospital having plastic surgery. I am proud to say all I have is a scar I could have a birth mark that covered my face if it weren't for the wonderful Dr's at Children's Hospital. What a wonderful place to not only work but make a difference in someones life like they made in mine. I still have a lot of fond memories there and would welcome some new ones. It asked on the application why did you apply and I was proud to click other and type in I was once a patient. You never know it may get me in the door. :)

You know I have been unemployed now for a little over 6 months and I still to this day miss my old job. I wonder if that feeling will ever go away? It's sad when you have a job you like and work with people you love and someone higher up decides that you can't have that anymore. Seems so sad that there is no such thing as job security anymore. What happened to the good ol' days?

Donna

11 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Donna,

I sure hope this job at the Children's Hospital works out! That would be wonderful! I'm praying!

Ray certainly needs (and deserves) to be on disability. Keep on keeping on with that until that goal is achieved!

Hugs,
Tammy

Debbie said...

Donna,

*hugs* I would like to know what the age requirements are for having a disability too! Its so fustrating but definately lets us know how strong we are. Wendell finally got a letter saying he will get his decision on June 15th. This will be his third time applying. I pray Ray will be recognized and get his as well.

Best of luck with the Children's Hospital. I think it would be very rewarding to work there.

Take care,
Debbie

Carmen S. said...

Hi Donna~ I'll keep my fingers crossed on that application, sounds like you would enjoy it there. Ah yes...the good old days! My husband worked for a company for 17 years as a welder and THOUGHT he had job security, than one day they just up and decided all the welding would be outsourced.Luckily he was able to find another job but you just never know. As for the disability I wasn't aware there was a certain age you had to be, there are alot of young folks on it, I'll keep on praying for ya both:)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Donna,

I hope the job at the hospital works out. What a blessing that would be. Maybe the cardiologist can help with the disability paperwork. Ray's other Dr. doesn't sound very sympathetic. I pray it his leg is Ok and it all works out!

hugs, Linda

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Donna,
I'll keep praying for you and your DH...the job would be wonderful! I to was in Childrens Hospital in Pittsburgh when I was about 6, can't remember to much about it except for the shots I had to have everyday:(

Everything will work out:)
Rondell

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Hi Ms. Donna,

I still pray for you and your family. I hope you get a house and job back soon. Just trust in Him. I once had a Tommy Hilfiger T-shirt that said: Tell Jesus: Hilfiger it out. lol!!!!!

Blessings, Love Joy =D

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hugs & Prayers...it's all gonna work out!
Kath

Betsy said...

Maybe this will be the break your looking for. I sure hope so and I hope things work out for your husband too.
Have a good evening.
Betsy

Leslie said...

Donna,
I hope something pans out for you guys. I am so very sorry...I read your posts and I feel for you.

The doctor should not have said what he did. Age has nothing to do with the physical shape of your body. Some people just can't help it and need the disability but unfortunately it's the ones that cheat the system and don't need it that get it and make it harder for those that should have it.


Many hugs!

Leslie

Susannah said...

I feel your pain. You have had so much going on lately. I continue to pray for you and your family every night. Don't give up!

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Donna, I always love seeing your name on my blog comments!!!!
Thank you!

I'm so sorry your husband is having all these issues with health and then 'those that are in charge' decide for us how we can be helped and then make stupid comments - what's wrong with people anymore, don't they have any consideration about what they are actually saying.

I do hope you get this job - it sounds like it would be just what you need and want. Now why wouldn't they want someone who is so sincere. GOOD LUCK to both of you.

Karen