Monday, May 18, 2009

Is it really May?

The weather here is so cool and windy it feels more like March. It's beautiful outside just a little chilly for May. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I don't have a lot to share this week either. We are still living with my Mom and still unemployed. I will be so glad when I can posts some good news! 

We only have about a month left of school and then we could be facing some big life decisions. Ray's brother and his wife have offered us a place to stay until we can get back on our feet. They live in SC and my Dad has offered to help us find a place by him in Penn. We are considering a move just not sure if it will be north or south. I will keep you all posted.

Ray has a an appointment Friday to have a test ran on his leg. He's been having some cramping when he walks so they are checking to make sure he doesn't any blood clots in his leg. Then we see the cardiologist June 29th. It may be awhile before he gets disability so that will also play a part in if we move. The next month should be a busy one for us.

So do any of you have any fun plans for the Holiday weekend?



This Country Girl said...

Hi Donna,

I know it has to be hard trying to make a decision like this...I know I always have to pray...Lord you better just give me a HUGE sign in my face to get my attention as to what to do! lol! Do you know what the job market is like in either of those places? You know I'm praying! I will also pray specifically for Ray with his test this Friday.

I got your emails....I'll email soon..hopefully this evening after dance class!

This weekend, we hope to do some major work on the bathroom redo, and mix it with a little family fun too. It would be nice if our pool was ready, but I'm not sure that's going to happen...we'll see. We'll probably BBQ at some point though.

Have a great week, Donna!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Hi Donna,
I'll be praying for you also...remember God doesn't close one door without opening another. The move might be for the good for your family:)

For this weekend we are getting together with our boating friends for a picnic down on the docks it's the beginning of boating season. Our pool isn't opened yet either or our boat isn't in the water yet! Oh, well:)

Carmen C. said...

Hi Donna~ hope everything is fine with Ray's leg:) Boy, our weather is cool too, last night it got into the upper 20's and killed the new leaves on our walnut trees! Very strange to be that cold this time in may, supposed to warm up tomorrow though:)

Colleen said...

I'll be keeping you in my prayers as well, Donna.

My brother lot his job in October and has yet to find anything in his field (Finance/Accounting). He was living/working just outside of Charlotte in NC, but he's back in Maine at the moment for a visit. He's trying to get his life back on track and he's hoping that the job market here in New England will be better. Tough times all around.

Hang in there!

Karen said...

Hi Donna, I'm praying you will come up with the right decision for you and your husband - I also pray his health continues on the rise.
Your spirits sound high though - bless you.

I soooo agree with this weather. 65 degrees here today but soooo windy you didn't want the windows open because it actually felt cold.


Susannah said...

Hi Donna ...with all of the things you have going on in your sweet of you to ask about ours. DH and I will spend some time at our daughter and son in law's cottage. We love to go there to be with them and our grandaughter. Lots of fun!

Tonight we are expecting frost here. Moved all our veggie plants inside.

Maybe a move would be just what you need but then again, maybe getting the disability straightened out with Ray's doctors would be better. What a tough decision. I am still praying for you and your family. In our family we have always said -"Good things come to those who wait". I hate to say that because you have been waiting long enough!!!!! Try to have a nice weekend. Keep your chin up!


Goat Creek Grandma said...

Wendell and I played with the idea of moving but then we were afraid that we would have even more trouble getting his disability if we moved to another state. Its nice to know that you have family willing to help you out though.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You know that you and Ray are in my prayers. *hugs*


Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Donna,

Big decisions for sure. I will pray that the Good Lord leads you in the best way. And I pray for good results from Ray's test.

I actually didn't realize this was Memorial Day weekend until you mentioned it! Where has my head been? LOL I best invite the folks for a cookout!

Keep us posted on Ray's results!

hugs, Linda

Kindra said...

Donna, keep us posted on the tests and the move news. Exciting, scary all at the same time. No one likes change but maybe there will be better opportunities somewhere new. Hang in there.

Kath said...

Hi Donna :)
I so hope everything is ok with Ray's leg.
Keepin you and the fam in my always...
I guess you do have some decisions to make...where in PA would ya move? Maybe close to me!! That would be nice & FUN!
Our plans for the holiday weekend consist of workin in the kitchen....nothin special...we will grill out for sure since i have no other way to cook!
I hope you have a beautiful weekend.
I wish you the best in your up coming decisions!!
Let me know what part of Pa...will ya?