Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hello and Happy St. Patrick's Day

Well, another post and no pictures. I feel like such a slacker but we have been sort of lazy lately. It has done nothing but rain here since Friday and I am sick of it now. Plus it's been cold and I hate cold rain. It's supposed to clear up and warm up some by the weekend I sure hope so. If not look for me on the news I will be that crazy woman building an ark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you have a favorite blog or two that you just can't wait for them to post? I have so many but there are a few that really keep me addicted. Most of the time it's the pictures of their homes that get me. I love seeing everyones re-dos and new purchases but I really love when they show there new displays. I am always looking for fresh new ideas. Lately I haven't been tweaking a lot. I had started packing before I knew we would be here until the end of April. Now I want to unpack and tweak but I refuse to do so until hubby or I get a job. So I find myself ooohing and ahhhing over your pictures. A part of me wants to move and downsize a bit but a part of me hates to leave the place I have called home for almost seven years. I have mixed emotions right now. Thank goodness I have your blogs to help keep my mind off all my drama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since it did nothing but rain Sunday after Church we ate lunch and enjoyed a movie. Now I have read several of your posts about the movie Fireproof and I could not wait to watch it. Can I say I loved it. My hubby and I watched it as well as my oldest Jessica. Wow what a powerful message. If you haven't seen it please do it is a great movie. Oh and did I say how much I loved the house inside and out. No it wasn't prim but it sure was pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all have a Happy St. Patrick's Day. We will be enjoying cabbage and corn beef tonight for dinner.

Donna

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Donna, Thanks for visiting my blog. I do appreciate it. I have been worrying the last few days that I am boring my readers.

I am putting the corned beef on today too! Thank goodness for crock pots. Its so nice to come home to a meal waiting for you.

Take care,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day girl. I know what you mean about living out of a box.. I've been doing that for a year now. It seems like everything I need/want is in a box.. but which box is the question. So I've just been busy doing re-do's from the TS..one day I'll get to play with what I already have..lol. Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday.. that's the way Sunday's should be. Hugs to you my friend.. you are in my thoughts often.

Stella

basketsnprims said...

Donna,
I feel for you, I don't know if I could live out of a box, but I guess I could. We do what we have to, right? Have a Happy St. Patty's Day ~ we aren't Irish but love corned beef & cabbage so that's what I'm fixing tonight. Your Sunday sounds wonderful & I want to see that movie ~ I've heard it is excellent.
Pam

Happily Ever After said...

Hi Donna,

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Hope you enjoy your St. Paddy's meal.

I haven't seen the movie Fireproof, but cannot wait to watch it. I've heard of so many positive comments about it.

Gigi

Katy said...

OH!!! Lined envelopes!!! Of course!!! Thank you so much for saying that! I never thought about them ever getting wet!!!! Thank you so much for that advice! I truly appreciate it!!!

Happy St Patricks Day and you are right....Fireproof is EXCELLENT!! :)

Carmen S. said...

Hi Donna, just read your comment about your daughter, I wouldn't worry too much, my mother used to say the same thing and now she's amazed at how picky and clean I am, LOL!!!Happy St. pat. day:)

CozyGirl said...

Happy St. Patrick's day Donna! Have a great day!
Janae

ctlogcabin said...

Good Morning Donna & Happy Saint Patrick's Day !! Thanks for visiting my Blog. Hope you have Wonderful Day, EnJoy your Irish Supper.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Donna,
We haven't had rain although I think there is some forcasted in the next few days. I does get dreary with it all.

I love certain blogs too and love seeing all arranging going on, especially what they buy at GW or country stores:)
Have a great day!
Rondell

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Donna,

Can you believe that we were watching Fireproof on Sunday afternoon evening too? We had seen it at the movies, but rented it to watch again! Love that movie...

So sorry about the rain...it makes it dreary I know. It's super foggy here today. I don't like driving or knowing my family is driving in it!

Have a great Tuesday, Donna!

Hugs,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna, it's me again.. lol. In answer to your questions about my laundry detergent I posted on my blog.. yes.. I do like it. I have been washing in it all day and everything is clean and smells clean.. if that makes sense. With all the rain we've had the past few days I am so glad I have this stuff.. I don't feel so bad having to wash everything. My DD got her truck stuck in the mud on Sunday and we had to push her out and all of us were covered in mud.. I washed them and they are good as new. I LOVE this stuff. Let me know if you try it and how you like it.

Hugs,
Stella

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Hi,

I love your blog! Thanks for visiting mine.

I like, "Fireproof", too.

Come on over to my blog....there might be a suprise waiting. =D

Love, Joy

Sherie said...

Hi Donna, thanks for stopping by my blog. I too am addicted to reading everyone's posts. This whole blogging thing is a process. I really makes you think about different things and trying to come with interesting things to say. I keep thinking I need pictures every time but maybe not, just thoughts like yours would be nice. I have a copy of Fireproof from a friend but have not watched it yet. I will make it a point to watch it with hubby. Have a bright sunshiny day today. Sherie