Monday, January 12, 2009

This and That Weekend

I first want to take the time to thank everyone for their kind comments in regards to my last post. Your kind words made me realize I now have so many new friends as well. Blogging and getting to know you all has been a blessing. I wish we all lived closer what fun that would be.

I have found that staying busy keeps me from being so lonely and bored. Friday I went to the grocery store and to pick up my pictures. Saturday hubby and I rode to Williamsburg to the outlets to get him some new shoes for Church. Then on the way back we swung by the house and picked up the girls and went to the mall. I needed some more dress clothes for that new job I am expecting any day now. :) I had a gift card and just wanted to buy me something new. We walked into the Yankee store and they had all the Fall and Christmas scents on sale so I got me a few candles. Then from there we decided to go get a bite to eat.

Now on to Sunday. First we all went to Church. Daddy had to wear his new shoes. :) After Church Eleni and I spent some time on her project. Which I am proud of her because she finished it a day earlier than needed. She seemed rather proud of her Artemis project.I hope she gets a good grade.  She tries really hard in school but doesn't always test well so these  projects usually help boost up her grades.I also managed to work on my pictures, wash clothes, organize my dresser drawers, and cook dinner. Plus I was able to squeeze in looking through the paper for a job while watching a little Sunday night TV. I was exhausted by 11pm.

Today I  did my usual Monday ritual filled  out the form for my  unemployment and cleaned up from the weekend. Went through a ton of paper work and cleaned out a junk drawer and went through a few kitchen cabinets. I am trying to get rid of unnecessary clutter. I had a bad habit of stacking things up with the intentions of going through it. Well, today was the day I went through it. I am trying to simplify my life so I have more time to do the things I enjoy. I want to slow down some and enjoy some of the little things. I hope to make the best of a not so great situation. Thanks again everyone for all the support!

Donna

1 comment:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Donna,

It's time for me to do some organizing first...but I've GOT to get my Christmas stuff down first! Then it seems like my kids birthday just roll around so quickly...Joy's in Feb and Colt's in March!

I hope you get all that paperwork done in record time! And I'm still praying for you a job!

Tammy